Saturday, May 16, 2009

Two teas and a bunch of friends

The Monday after getting back to PA from Virginia, I flew to Wichita where my sister Linda picked me up and I stayed with her one night. The following day she took me to Harper where I stayed with our good friends Spike & Gloria Hostetler. It's a great location as it's close to the church and other friends and within walking distance to the hospital where my mom lives. I spent the next 9 days there catching up with them and many other good friends. It felt like I'd never left. We have the dearest friends in Harper and we miss them. Visiting with my mom every day at the hospital gave me a chance to see my old work mates. It was a good time to be with my mom too.

As a small way of saying THANK YOU to my home congregation (Pleasant Valley Mennonite in Harper, KS) for the support they have given Ed and I while in London, I said I would like to have a cream tea for who ever could come. Big thank yous to Faith Penner, Pam Gerber, and Leslie Roberts for doing all the ground work. It was fun! We had scones, Victoria sponge cakes, chocolate covered strawberries and TEA! These lovely ladies did the work of inviting everyone, setting the tables with lots of pretty dishes, flowers, and tablecloths, etc. Thank you so much! All I had to do was make the goodies, everything else was taken care of.
I think about 30 ladies showed up for the tea. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. It was so good to see them all!

The next day at the hospital in the Long Term Care wing where my mom lives, was a Tea for families of the residents. No scones or cakes this time but some great American cookies!


Icing on the cake of my visit was that Tonya, Andrew and Emma Graber from Rocky Mountain Mennonite Camp were in the area for a graduation of relatives. So I met them on their way home. Corbin and Natalie stayed home this time. Here they are leaving and doing one of their silly face poses just for Ed.



1 comment:

The Grabers said...

I should have known that would end up here!!! Wish we could have had a little more time and maybe a real meal!!! So good to see you!