Sunday, March 16, 2008



With the Hut all jacked up we were able to build some forms to pour into. The concrete we used was "post mix". It sets VERY quickly and we never got the first batch out of the mixer before it set up. I spent an hour chipping hard concrete out of the mixer which set us back on our schedule and we didn't get done in one day like I had hoped. In the end we simply mixed the cement in the forms by adding water and cement together and mixed them with gardening trowels. It was clumsy and time consuming, but I think we got a good pour.
Next we replaced the rotted plates at the bottom of the walls and measured for new siding to replace the bottom row on each wall. I'll lower the hut into place in a few days when I know the cement is hard enough.
That should last another 20 years or so.
Special thanks to Jim Bare and Ed Sirett for all their work.

No comments: