Thursday, November 08, 2007

What's that blob? & Sharon's birthday

Okay, I've talked about house meal before. Here is a picture of the dessert or pudding as the Brits call it. Anyone who can guess what it is will receive your choice of either an LMC mug or tshirt. Hints: Served up at a special holiday & this one we poured some brandy over and lit it up. Unfortunately my camera was running low on battery power and I didn't get the shot of the flames. Another hint: I wasn't particularly fond of this dessert......not nearly as much as the Brits at the table were.
Sharon turned 23. She is the one on the far left. She works under Mennonite Mission Network with the Bridge Builders programme. She seems more like 33 with the way she carries out her work and juggles all the other things she does. She is in a choir that she had to audition for and they practice for several hours every Sunday evening. They have put out several CD's and have done numerous concerts. All these things mean many hours on top of her usual practices. Nine of us went out for her b day to Leon's, a mid Easternish type place in Central London. Then we went to the ICA (Institute for Contemporary Art) to see the foreign film 'Blame it on Fidel'. I would recommend anyone to see it. It's in French with subtitles. Usually it is hard for me to follow the story because I am too caught up in reading the titles. But for some reason it was not a problem. The film was superbly done. The ICA is in Central London very close to Trafalgar Square. Being in Central London at night is so electric. I was just starting to feel like things were familiar, then times like last night being around all these magnificent buildings and such made it feel surreal.
Ed and Nina were at the other end of the table so I needed to get a picture of them in here. Will was along too but was always hidden.

7 comments:

MB said...

Is it Plum pudding? Whatever it is, I don't think I would like it. But that's because I'm just generally picky. :)

The Grabers said...

All I can say is if that is what it did to Ed's face when he ate it, I would stay away from it? I don't suppose there is any chocolate involved! Nice beard, by the way, Ed.

Amy said...

Is there some sort of blood involved with this pudding. I think I would have a hard time even trying something that looks like that.

emily said...

Vom! That thing looks like a giant pile of gormet poo.

My guess is Flaming chocolate bread pudding where the pudding was substitued with grape jello because it was on sale for $.12 a box.

emily said...

Oh and I want to see a picture of dad dressed up as a lump of coal.

emily said...

After further consideration and a little time spent on Google my final answer is Christmas pudding. I'll take the T-Shirt please!

erica jo said...

IT'S FIGGY PUDDING!!! I have to confess I had a little help from the doctor in my office and his wife who is a crossword genius...haha! :)