Monday, November 26, 2007

Once a driver always a driver

I just found out that in the U.K. once you obtain your drivers license you have it forever! You never have to retest. No further written tests, driving tests or eye tests. At around age 70 they send you a form to fill in asking if you have any vision problems but until then you can drive on!

Ed has been able to drive on his US license for the first year but has to take a written and driving test to get a UK license. After that he can come back anytime and drive legal!

Ed's parents are here for a week and we are having a nice time visiting with them. We went to Central London on Saturday evening after they rested up and walked around a bit. They went to church with us on Sunday and stayed home and played cards. Today, Monday, Ed and his folks went on a bus tour of Central London. Tomorrow we will see the changing of the Guards at Buckingham palace, then Wednesday we will go see Les Miserables. I hope to have some pictures in the next couple of days.

3 comments:

The Grabers said...

No way, my palms just got all sweaty when I read you are going to Les Mis. That is so great! Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy! Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
Tonya

MB said...

How old do you have to be in order to start driving in the UK? I like that driver's rule over there! :) Hope your first Thanksgiving in the UK went well.

Spike & Glo said...

Let us know how Ed does on the driving test. (will you take one?) If the test is easy I may get my license when I visit you; then I can keep on driving forever as long as I can see the vision form. Is a U.K. license recipricol with the U.S.?