Thursday, April 24, 2008

Finally, One apple blossom

This blossom - I'm calling it my miracle blossom, is the first to appear on an old apple tree here at the LMC. It is a Bramley apple tree that used to produce many nice apples, but over the years stopped producing. I gave it a severe pruning last summer to try to shock it back to life and "VoilĂ "- one lonely blossom. I am hopeful that, with this publicity, other - more shy blossoms will be inspired to appear as well. Aaaaaa, the joys of being an English gardener.....

2 comments:

The Grabers said...

In 2 more years you'll be making apple pie! That back garden is such a magnificent place. I do have a little garden envy I must admit! Congrats on the bloom! It's brilliant!
Tonya

flute4peace said...

Great picture!! Our apple tree looks like it might make it this year, too. We thought it was a goner. Of course you know what you're doing and we don't...