Friday, April 18, 2008

Doors of London

I've been thinking for some time that I would like to photograph alot of the different doors that I see when we walk around London. So here are a few of the ones I've gotten so far.
One of the really fun parts of this position is meeting all the people that come through the Centre. This week there was a young family of five, mom, dad, and three little ones, who had her parents with them to visit London for a few days. This family is from Oregon but he is a pilot who is working for an airline in Ireland. They are there for 3-5 years. They found our Centre in the Mennonite Your Way book. Turns out the parents are from Sweet Home Oregon where I've been with my friend Tami Schrock when we were in Jr. High to visit her family there. They know her Aunt & Uncle and their family. It's a lot of fun to talk with people: where they are from or where they are going and what's going on in their lives.















This is the door to the Knight's Templar in London's Temple square. It was recently made famous by The Da Vinci Code.





2 comments:

flute4peace said...

What a neat post! I love the story about the people from Oregon, it really is a small world! The doors are fantastic! You really should consider making a coffee table book with all of your pictures. I can set you up with some places to do that...

MB said...

Those are really neat doors with the different designs and colors. Yes, Oregon is close to my heart too! :) Most of my family lives out there.