Monday, January 14, 2008

South Kensington Walk

We took a walk on Sunday morning since our church services are in the afternoon. We went to the area where there are about four museums within an easy walk within each other. We have actually been to them all so we just wanted to walk around the area. Here is the rear view of the Royal Albert Hall, London's grandest concert venue.
These buildings are just down the street from the first picture and I really liked the color and shape of them.
We walked through the Ennismore Gardens Mews through these quaint cobbled stone streets.
This is the Brompton Oratory. Legend has it that during the Cold War KGB spies used this vast Catholic Church as a dead-letter drop.
This was the highly original, proto-art deco Michelin Tyre Co. which now is home to the Bibendum Oyster Bar. You can see the Michelin man in the top center above the window.
We had just emerged from the tube station and I was looking at the information card that was directing us to these places. We stopped at the corner to look up at the building to admire it when I looked in front of us and there was a guy who had the same card in his hand looking from the card to the building just like we were. These cards are popular I guess. When we were at the airport a year ago in Atlanta waiting for our London flight, there was a guy with the same pack of walks of London cards that he was looking through.

We are still without a server and we are limping by with alternate ways of doing what we are used to doing. I can't get to alot of my documents that I had stored and so much of my work is waiting to get done at another time. I have been ending up with quite a headache each day trying to get done what I can.

Oh yes, Thanks to my former Sunday School Class at Pleasant Valley Mennonite Church in Harper for the wonderful rendition of Happy Birthday over the phone. The best part being that it was 9pm for them but 3am for me!!! Some people get more ornery and brave with age.

2 comments:

MB said...

That's because 50 is just a number and we are just a bunch of onery "kids." :) Thanks for the cool pics again. Those skinny red buildings are awesome.

flute4peace said...

That is just AWESOME!! What a magnificent place to walk.

And happy belated birthday!!

And...there are pictures of new baby Hostetler on my photo blog... :)