Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Foxes at the LMC

I was sleeping in on Sunday (our church is in the afternoon) and Ed was already up. He sticks his head into the bedroom and tells me to look out our back door into the back garden. In the shelter of the corner of a hedge were these two foxes. They were there all day and Ed has about 30 pictures of them using his telephoto lens. We've been told that fox are common in London.

It's been a busy week even though there have been no seminars going on. We've had some guests come through and more people show up at the door inquiring about the Centre. The last one was a man who gets our literature in the post but has never been here and had the day free so drove down to look at the book shop we have. He ended up staying part of the day and using the prayer hut. He had little knowledge of the Mennonites and Anabaptists so I did my best to inform him about who we are.

Our server is still being repaired/rebuilt and we are limping by. We met with the family who will rent one of our flats that has been empty for three months now. Hopefully they will move in next week. Ed spent most of today shampooing the carpets.
We had a great visit from Luke Thornton, one of Ed's co-workers from when he was at Harper Industries. He was in the UK on business and so he stayed at the LMC on his last night before flying home. We had a nice meal out and some catching up.

Ed bought me a Raclette machine for my birthday and we had most of the house up to our flat for raclette on Saturday night for supper. I meant to take a picture but forgot until all the dishes were washed. Can anyone take a guess as to what raclette is? Well you know it's something to do with food. I know Ed's family knows but how about you Kansans?

5 comments:

MB said...

I had to look it up what it was. I thought it was a bread machine!! HA!

I love the picture of the foxes! They are cute!

Amy said...

Is it a machine that cooks a couple bites at a time? Same idea as fondue, but instead of dipping you put it on a tray in an easy bake type oven? I had a meal like that when I was a trainee, but can't remember what it was called.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
flute4peace said...

Oooh, what a great shot! I have to ask what telephoto lens you have (I'm obligated, LOL).

Now I'm off to google raclette...

The Grabers said...

I remember you having it with Ed's family over Christmas, but I never could really understand what it was, but it involved cheese and lots of talking!!! Way to go on the gift, Ed!
Tonya