Tuesday, December 11, 2007

LMC staff

This is Alastair McKay (pronounced Mceye). He works at the LMC in the Bridge Builders department. He is the director of the department. Bridge builders runs training courses in mediation and facilitation skills for church workers. The courses are 5 day courses which are quite intensive and have become very popular. Courses fill out quickly and have waiting lists. They run them all over England and Scotland. I am officially the BB assistant, doing lots of office work for them. There are 3 full time workers for BB, one of them being Sharon who is a graduate of EMU, majoring in peace, justice, and reconciliation studies. She is on a 3 year term through Mennonite Mission Network, same as Ed and I. We have been trying to get a one year volunteer to work at least 4 days a week for them but nothing has worked out so far. I don't know if MMN has advertised for it or not. However, we needed someone so I said for the short term anyway, that I would do as much as I could and see how it went. So now I'm host and BB assistant. It's good for me because I like to stay busy.

This was at someones birthday tea. We are having trifle I think. Yum!

1 comment:

Spike & Glo said...

Are you sure that Alastair was not eating ice cream? It sure looks to me like it could be ice cream! Do you ever eat ice cream at LMC?