Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More from Lithuania

I am sitting at an outdoor table at a cafe by a lake and behind me is this counter where you can purchase smoked flounder. We had some kind of pike for our meal and it was really good.
This castle is on another lake in Lithuania near Vilnius, the capital. The bottom part of this castle is the original and the top is new since some time in the past 40 or 50 years. I can't remember at this point. There were too many facts about Lithuania to absorb in a week.
Lithuania is strongly Roman Catholic and there are many icons to be seen. This is one we saw often which is called the contemplative Christ.

2 comments:

MB said...

Great photo of the castle on the island! :) All of your photos are great! I am learning more about Europe through your lens.

flute4peace said...

I always loved going to the castles when I was in Europe. The castles and cathedrals were the best part! Can you imagine what those cost to build??!!