Friday, July 20, 2007

THURSDAY

Today was busy with lots of "little" things. Ed did the mowing and trimming and raking of some debris that the walnut tree gives off.
There is a group called Partnership meeting today from 1p-6p so everything needs to be set up for that and then check on them through out and of course clean up afterwards.
I do some brownie baking as it is a cool and cloudy day and just seems right.
A new guest comes for a three day lay over on his way back from Ethiopia. It is Martin Histand, a 25 yr. old from Corvalis, OR. He was in the SALT program and has just finished. He is also a good friend of our oldest dau Emily and so we have a good time talking about that. He is there is time for tea and so meets the other young people at the Centre. He gets invited to have supper with the four young women of the house......I wonder why Ed and I weren't invited?
Our other family of guests are leaving in the morning so Ed and I are helping them with travel arrangements. I didn't realize before we came how much of that we would be doing. It is a little easier now that we have been here for awhile.
I get some house laundry done.
The Wood Green Mennonite Church (WGMC) has a prayer meeting for a 19 yo girl in the church dealing with cancer and chemotherapy.

1 comment:

The Grabers said...

I believe Martin was on staff here one summer. Almost as handsome as Ed!