Friday, July 20, 2007

FRIDAY

I'm writing this before the day is out as we will be leaving for an out of town trip at 6p. I'll talk about that in another post.
Today Ed's day is filled with trying to fix the internet. That has involved talking with people on the phone and him getting a bit frustrated. He also takes care of all the ordering of anything for the centre whether it be paper supplies or office furniture, to hardware, phone lines, etc. So he is often on the phone learning how things are done in the UK.
I find that I am able to understand Brits on the phone much more easily and even the Northern Ireland and Scottish accents I can handle fairly well. There are times when I meet someone and they start talking and it might be a minute or so before I realize that they are American.
I've given out directions frequently to people who pass me on the street and I'm amazed that I usually know where it is they need to go.
I'm doing a lot of changing addresses in the data base on the computer and mailing out materials that have been requested.
I miss my job as a nurse and I think I will be ready to get back to it when we return in 2010. I hope I don't forget too much.

1 comment:

The Grabers said...

Glad to know you are being useful. It sounds similar to the craziness of camp-broken water pumps, cut phone lines, closed road. I'm sorry you are missing all of it!