Sunday, August 03, 2008

Air Race on the Thames


I can't believe I actually got to see this. I had seen the ads for it and knew tickets were 35 pounds! Phyllis, Felix, and I visited the Docklands Museum in the same area and heard the planes roaring, the sound rattling between the buildings. Felix and I decided to try to get a glimpse of the action. Phyllis decided to go home.
We headed toward where the sound was coming from over bridges and under train tracks, skirting canals and harbors until we got to the edge of the Thames. There we found a jetty that took us out to the river. Since the gate was open and a few other people were there, we joined the party. There were about 10 planes that took turns running a slalom course of large blow-up cones in the river. The planes are small but very fast. 155 pics later, here are two favorites

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What!! Only 155 photos!

The Grabers said...

Very cool and scary pictures!