Monday, May 26, 2008

Back in the swing of things

We are now both back in London. Ed came back a week before me as I wanted to go back to Harper and visit some more with my mother. I was able also to visit more with my sisters, Linda and Rosemary. Us three along with my cousins Martha Ediger, Delaine Moncado, and Rhonda Gonzales went to see "The church Basement Ladies" at the Crown Uptown in Wichita. Good food and good fellowship! Another good thing about being away is that when you go home for a visit you tend to be more intentional about visiting with family and friends knowing that you have only a limit amount of time to see people.

We had a great visit here in London from our friends Dennis and Leslie Roberts who live in Harper. We had fun seeing some sights, the play "Chicago", and some great eating! I meant to download some of their pictures to put on the blog but forgot! They just left this morning in a cold rain. There has been a lot of rain lately and it's very green but a little cooler than I'd like. It was really nice to have so much sunshine and blue skies while visiting in Kansas and Colorado.

We are looking forward to this summer when we will get visits from three of Ed's siblings and their families. I hope everyone knows they are welcome to come visit if you can swing it. Let us know in advance and we will try to save a guest room for you. Otherwise you can sleep in our living room.

1 comment:

MB said...

Ed and Phyllis: It was great seeing you all back in Harper! That was great that Dennis and Leslie got to go see you in London as well! I've been missing your blogging but realize that you have a lot to do being hosts in London and keeping up with family back in Kansas and Colorado.