Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Kenwood House

This is Kenwood House which is about 20 minutes walk from the LMC. It houses a free museum displaying paintings like Rembrandt, Vermeer, Turner, Reynolds and Gainsborough. Here is the link to the web site http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server.php?show=conProperty.106 There is also a nice pub and restaurant with a nice outdoor patio for dining. If you come visit us we will take you there for lunch!

Sunday was the last warmish day we've had for a bit. We had snow, sleet and rain falling yesterday and there was ice on the surface of the water puddles this morning. Yikes - reminds me of Colorado winter! Today was sunny but didn't warm up much.

We are doing great. Each day we feel more at home.

Tombstone of the week: Gray, Henry (1826-1861) Lecturer in anatomy who died young but is widely for his 'Anatomy descriptive and surgical' - Gray's Anatomy - http://www.answers.com/topic/gray-henry

4 comments:

The Grabers said...

Your house looks pretty much like this picture just with a dark shingle! When the snow melts up there you may even see some green. I look forward to lunch! I'm having a cup of tea daily in your honor!
Love-Tonya

Shirkboy#4 said...

I am really looking forward to lunch. I don't know if I can wait a year but I guess you will need time to find a few more places to take us to lunch, and breakfast and dinner.;-) The pictures and comments have been great!

Scrapbook Granny said...

Wow how come the snow is following you??
We have been having some really warm days and turning on the air is getting to be closer. Maybe just getting the fans out first.
Last night Barry said Bobbie had turned on the air at work.
I watch every day for an update. Keep the information coming.
Darlene

emily said...

I was up at the house and there were 2 roofers there that spoke Spanish. So I told them to hurry it up!!! GOSH!