Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Handover


Well, it's official. We've been handed the keys and, as of tomorrow when we deliver Jim and Lois Bare (previous hosts) to the airport, we are on our own. It is a shame not to be able to work with Jim and Lois longer - not so much for additional training, but for the joy of working with such fine people. They will really be missed here and they have done a wonderful job!
We hosted our first workshop last weekend. Thomas Finger, a theologian from the Chicago area. His topic was Anabaptist, Trinitarian, Socio-economic Spirituality. Pretty "long-haired" stuff (as my good friend Heber would say) We provided lunch for about 25 people and hosted the Wood Green Mennonite Church on Sunday. Everything went very well.
Today we attended our first staff meeting. It was a good chance to get a feel for how the group works together. I got a few marketing related duties assigned to me which I am delighted to do. I will try to increase attendance at the periodic seminars and conferences if possible.
Tombstone of the week: Liston, Robert (1794-1847) Surgeon noted for his speed in amputation. Designed the Liston Splint

2 comments:

Spike & Glo said...

You guys have been having way too much fun! Now, it is "get to work" time. Although I am sure you will have much fun in your work there in London. Keep us posted and God Bless You.
Spike

The Grabers said...

Where are you? It was sooo exciting to see you in action, now I'm checking every night for more! I miss you terribly! Tonya